Sunday, May 7, 2017

Reader Response BELOVED

I went on Goodreads and read all the reviews for Beloved. They are mostly all 5 stars with about 5-10 hated it reviews. Some of the comments were "Loved it!" "Tear-jerking", "Toni Morrison is a wonderful storyteller!" "A great ghost story", "The ultimate horror story". It's interesting to know that Toni Morrison wanted to write a story with historical pieces in it because she got frustrated when she tried to find out facts about African Americans and found none. I agree on the comments that I listed above. I understand when young girls call the book trash and worst book I ever read but I don't agree. There is skill to the writings in that book, I like to think of it as 3d. I am being narrated inside of the past that is happening already.

No comments:

Post a Comment